Statement of faith
- We believe in One Eternal God existing as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who governs all things according to His will.
- We acknowledge the Creator God as our Heavenly Father, infinitely perfect and intimately acquainted with all our ways.
- We claim Jesus Christ as our Lord. We affirm that He is God who came in human flesh.
- We recognize the Holy Spirit as the third member of the Godhead, who works convicting of sin, bringing about faith in Christ, teaching and comforting.
- We affirm our confidence in God’s inspired Word, the Bible, without error in the original documents. We treasure its truths and we respect it’s supreme and final authority regarding faith and conduct.
- We confess Adam’s fall into sin, resulting in physical and spiritual death (eternal separation from God). All human beings are born with a sinful nature and have no hope of eternal life with God in Heaven, apart from new birth made possible by the Saviour Jesus Christ’s death and bodily resurrection. We believe that God, in His great love, offers salvation from sin, its power and resulting death, to all. Those who accept it by faith, apart from works, become new creations in Christ.
- We anticipate the Lord’s promised return, which could occur at any moment. We are convinced that all who have died will be brought back from beyond for judgement – believers to everlasting communion with God and unbelievers to everlasting separation from God.
- We are to be part of Christ’s Body, the Church, composed of all true believers, which exists to proclaim God’s truth, to stimulate growth to maturity and to worship God.